Pages

Sunday, December 5, 2010

runaway iron

i'm getting ready to iron the seams of my quilt pieces and the iron is nowhere to be found. is it even possible to loose an iron?? apparently so. my apartment isn't that big and there are precious few hiding places. if it's not in its usual spot, and it's not in one of the four other fathomable locations, then where is it?

i'm suddenly feeling attached to it, now that it's missing. i got that iron in 1999 when i went off to college! maybe it's time for a new one.

this is weird.
and i'm off to cvs.

**update: there was not an iron to be found within a 6 block radius around my apartment. i even tried the giant dollar store (that i secretly sort-of love) that carries everything from christmas trees and hair products to curtains, cleaners, pots and pans and every toy ever manufactured. they even had sewing machines! i went there as a last resort, knowing they'd have irons too, and kicking myself for wasting my time walking around in the freezing cold night, but i was out of luck.

plan b is to make my first trip to k-mart in harold square after work today. i hear it's a bit of a nightmare, but i guess you do what you have to do to get your hands on an iron.

i still can't believe my old trusty went missing. (???)

No comments:

Post a Comment