Pages

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

everybody has a first: the binding

using Elizabeth from Oh, Frannsson!'s tutorial, i made and attached my own binding to finish my first quilt. i decided on a grey cotton with little white dots and circles to add a complimentary pattern to the modern quilt top. i didn't use the cotton boll fabric that i'd originally planned on since i thought it was a little too country for the contemporary-ness of the finished product.

here goes!



sewing the strips together.




after ironing the long band of fabric in half.



pinning it onto the quilt, and sewing.



after machine-attaching one side, i rolled the quilt up, stuck it in my suitcase, and hand finished the other side at my parent's house in texas.

pictures of the completed quilt coming soon.

p.s. i hope you all had a wonderful holiday!

1 comment:

  1. I love a dot binding! Can't wait to see the whole thing. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete